Fitter welder job description
A job description of fitter welder includes information such as key duties/responsibilities, job qualifications, skills, work conditions…
1. Uses straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler to arranges, locates, and tightens parts and assemblies basing on specifications.
2. Uses electric, gas, or other welding equipment to tack-weld and weld components and assemblies.
3. Uses powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife to cut work piece.
4. Add lead to unite or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form by melting lead bar, wire, or scrap.
5. Lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings need to be set and fixed.
6. Checks welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to assess weld quality and adaptation to specifications.
7. Uses micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring to test grooves, angles, or gap allowances.
8. Uses portable grinder, hand file, or scraper to jettison rough spots from work piece.
9. Components are welded in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
10. Uses hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment to heat, form, and cut metal pieces.
11. Reaching expected flame or arc by igniting torch and correcting valves, amperage, or voltage.
12. Plans arrangement, assembly, and welding performances by analyzing engineering drawings and specifications.
13. Makes mould and other work assistance to maintain and line parts.
14. Specifies needed equipments and welding approach, receiving knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
Ref all job description of welder at: Welder job descriptions.